Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Elect Evan Ross - President of The Miami-Dade Young Democrats

Today, I proudly announce my candidacy for President of The Miami-Dade Young Democrats and ask for your vote.

The Miami-Dade Young Democrats are ready. We are ready to take the passion, dedication and amazing progress that have been lead by our current president, Cedric McMinn, and turn it into something even bigger. Under Cedric's leadership, MDYD has gone from being an organization that simply existed to an organization that is relevant and quickly gaining a reputation for hard work, great events and passionate young leaders. But our work is not done.

With Cedric moving on to his new role as Executive Director of the Miami-Dade Democratic Executive Committee, we are in a better position than ever to take our party to new heights in Miami-Dade County. 

We have the potential to be an organization of thousands. We can and should be the organization that helps foster the election of strong Democratic candidates in Miami-Dade County and builds the next generation of leaders. With that vision in mind, I make you this promise:

I will do the work and provide the leadership necessary to make that goal a reality. 

This is not an overnight process. This is a plan that will take years of hard work and proper execution to fulfill. It is a plan that requires YOU to share in that work. I know that together, we can paint Miami-Dade County blue with the best and brightest elected officials representing us from our municipalities all the way up to the White House.

With the help and guidance of Cedric and others, I have developed plans that I know will take The Miami-Dade Young Democrats to a level of influence and accomplishment that we can and should reach. Though these plans are detailed and lengthy, they are not set in stone. I want YOU to share YOUR ideas with me. I want YOU to tell me what YOU think of mine. 

As president, I will ask for and value your input and opinion. My role is to lead, not to dictate. This is your organization. If you choose to give me the privilege and responsibility of leading it, I will do so with an open mind, an open door and the level of passion and dedication that it requires and deserves.

I thank you for your time and support. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments and suggestions.

Yours truly,

Evan Ross   

ELECTION DETAILS:

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:30 PM @ City Hall The Restaurant
2004 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33137

In order to vote, you must be a paid member in good standing of The Miami-Dade Young Democrats. 

If you are not a member and are between the ages of 16 and 40, you may sign up and pay your membership dues the night of the election, or any time prior.

Annual Membership is $10 for students, military, and law enforcement. Otherwise, it is $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment